Somewhere



Time: 1 hour

For this project, we had to photoshop ourselves into a movie or tv scene. I chose The Dick Van Dyke Show as it is one of my favorite tv shows and to challenge myself to focus more on lighting. I liked this particular scene because it's in the Petrie's living room, which is one of the main settings in the show. It also has the whole family which I thought would be cool to put myself into. The tone is somewhat serious so I took a picture of myself with the same feelings. The masking aspect of the project was much easier than it was at the beginning of this unit, but I found the lighting to be more difficult than I was expecting. For one thing, I didn't have any lighter clothing that might have fit into the time period which absorbed almost all of the light I was working with. I was able to lighten up my skin tones to look similar to that in the tv scene, but I couldn't quite get my clothes to match. I think wearing all black takes a lot of the focus of the scene to me, even though I'm in the back, due to my clothing choice. Other than this challenge, I think I was able to successfully and believably implement myself into the scene.

Comments

  1. This was really well done! You blend in really well with the original photo, it looks really natural. You did a great job with the lighting too - lighting is always super tricky but you matched both the lighting and the black and white perfectly. I honestly don't have any suggestions - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this came out so good. I especially like how you added in your shadow behind the chair to match the lighting and fit right in with the other characters who also have shadows behind them. I think it really looks seamless and if I had not known this was your project I would have assumed you were actually in the scene.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Carbon Footprint Propaganda Poster