Carbon Footprint Propaganda Poster

 


 Est Time: 4 hours

Environmental issues have always been important to me and figured it would be a perfect topic for my propaganda poster. I chose to speak specifically towards our carbon footprint. This message is conveyed not only in the slogan on the hat, but also with the background image. The "power plants" are meant to be similar in shape to bottles to represent the objects produced in power plants combined with the physical plants themselves as both aspects contribute to our carbon footprint. The smoke coming out of each bottle also serves to speak towards our harmful impacts on the earth. I wanted to add a bit of humor into the poster as well which is evident in the slogan. I find that, for myself, when topics are more lighthearted or broken up with humor, I pay more attention to it and am more willing to listen and take action.

I chose to go with an analogous color scheme, mainly for aesthetic purposes. I played around with my background colors first, trying to find colors that I thought would work well together while also not taking away from the focus of the subject in the foreground (with the first image being my reference), and then later used Adobe Color to refine and perfect my color choices.

Every part of the poster was constructed using the pen tool. I'm actually very happy with my new level of proficiency in using the pen tool. I began this unit (vectors) with little to no knowledge of how to properly use the tool, and have come far in my abilities. I now have a level of speed and accuracy that I never knew was possible with this particular tool.

Comments

  1. I really like how clear the subject matter is when you look at this poster. I also specifically like the gradient you used for your nose and your ear and the lines you used in your sweatshirt to add texture. I also like the simplicity of the power plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The gradients were definitely difficult to get perfected because of the weird lines but I wanted to make it work so everything flowed together a little more seamlessly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Autoscopy