Autoscopy

 









Estimated Time: 3 hrs

An autoscopy is an edited self portrait. It's often conceptual and represents some kind of self reflection or experience. My final composition here is composed of 6 images (including the original) as well as some edits to hue and saturation and various other filters and edits, such as light spill and lens flares. I worked on a fine art spatial/galactic piece a few years ago which influenced the direction of this piece. I first started with the original image and brainstormed some ways I could play around with it. I found that the sky played a big role in the composition, and tried changing it's color to something more fantastical. This edit, combined with the train tracks, which I have always found adventurous and mysterious, influenced me to push the fantastic elements further. This is when I brought in the galaxy, planets, and floating woman. Each component is masked out and certain elements have altered opacity levels. The fire in the foreground was a last minute addition that I simply found to be a cool element. This layer was masked out and I changed the layering option to "difference" which allowed the sparks to be more apparent. It also helped to balance the composition as it was top right heavy before due to the floating woman and the planets; the fire adds more weight to the bottom left of the composition. This piece is meant to capture creative ability, opportunity, and greatness. The galactic background creates a greater depth of field which makes the image seem deeper and greater than it may be realistically.

Comments

  1. I really like how you placed so many objects in the sky; it gave your photo a unique look. The fire on the bottom left almost looks real. The masking of the fire must have been difficult but you made it look easy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the galaxy elements you have added to the picture. The whole project looks well though out and very creative. It looks amazing Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This work is very eye-catching. I think the original picture of you on the train tracks is very interesting and the galaxy over the sky fits perfectly. I really like the flames, I think that was a nice touch. great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Carbon Footprint Propaganda Poster