Pre-Somewhere Blog Post

 

This image is from Kirby Jenner's Instagram page (@kirbyjenner). While this image is really cool to look at and I can only imagine the skill it took to edit it to such perfection, I think this is one of the harder images to photoshop myself into.There are so many lights in differing angles and colors I find it hard to figure out how the light would play onto myself, where my shadows would lie, and how to edit the coloring of those lights.

I found this picture on Average Rob's Instagram page (@averagerob). This was a cool post because of the creativity, simple as it is, that went into it. It inspired me to find a scene with exaggerated or dramatized elements. Or at least to implement my own to add some humor to the scene.

I have followed James Fridman for a while so these edits did not come as a huge surprise, and still managed to get laughs out of me. While the images I went through were all funny in one way or another I found this image to be the funniest. It has a touch (a very big touch) of sarcasm and blatant bluntness that plays well to my sense of humor. What makes it better is that it took me a second to figure out what was altered since she looks so normal in the edited image. I also couldn't tell what she originally wanted to edited, though now I assume it's the pack of condoms on the desk.


I couldn't choose which effect I liked more. I'm very big on creating something out of nothing, it entertains and intrigues me. I think there's an added level of skill one needs to have to be able to look at aspects of an image or individual objects and be able to combine them to create an entirely different composition. The bottom image relies most heavily on lighting and composition of the objects in frame to alter the mood. Lighting has an enormous effect on a scene, as I've had a lot of experience with, so it is always important to me when I'm working creatively. The top image, however, relies more heavily on editing. I think this image could be more easily implemented into this project due to that fact. I like this one because it combines lighting with editing, though the lighting is manipulated more in the editing rather than the bottom image in which the lighting is positioned as part of the composition. I'd like to play around with lighting and more technical editing (as pictured in the first image) for my final project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Autoscopy

Carbon Footprint Propaganda Poster